Introducing the world’s first digital-only fashion platform.
LEELA · Strategy ·Design · Technology
In a time when digital has taken on more forms and meaning in our lives, it has also become a necessity for the world of fashion.
Together with The Fabricant, we researched and developed a breakthrough in digital fashion. Introducing LEELA—a revolutionary way for everyone to explore their self-expression beyond what is physically possible.
Challenging the norms of fashion and identity
As Gen Z gradually becomes the defining generation of modern culture, their new expectations on fashion are on the rise. Today’s fashion needs to provide people with new ways to express their ever-changing identities while remaining environmentally conscious.
Centering around this shifting paradigm, the LEELA experience was architected to be fluid in its interaction and expression.
‘LEELA’ stands for dancing and playing
The word LEELA comes from the Hindi language, meaning to dance and play. LEELA’s mission is to provide a self-expressive playground, not merely a fashion e-commerce site. This ‘play’ ethos inspired many of our design decisions and lends itself throughout the interactive framework and visual language.
"Your Majesty understands the creative and technical aspects of visualizing and presenting fashion in engaging ways. They find new ways to deliver the desired results on time and at high-quality standards."
Harnessing ambiguity to fuel innovation
As with any research and development initiative, we came into this project with unknowns, from both a technical and market-fit perspective.
To tackle these unknowns, we opted for an AGILE and embedded collaboration with our clients. Along with several guerilla tests throughout the project, this process allowed us to get quick feedback, fail fast, and innovate even faster.
- From idea to the first MVP in six weeks
- 600+ digital avatars created within the first three days
- 1800+ digital looks created and shared on social media within three days of launch
- Average session duration at 3:30 minutes
- 27% bounce rate
- World-wide mediacoverage
- Validated market demand for digital self-expression
- Awarded CSS Design Awards for UI Design, UX Design and Innovation
- Awarded FWA Of The Day
- Awarded Awwwards Mobile Excellence
- The Guardian: Fashion meets Fortnite: 3D clothes and digital catwalks
- Vogue Business: Digital fashion surges in a sales downturn
- Forbes: Virtual Catwalks And Digital Fashion
- Mission: The Fabricant wastes nothing but data and exploits nothing but imagination
- Trendland: Your digital avatar with LEELA
- LS:N: The Fabricant gives access to digital couture
- HYPEBEAST: How do fashion brands present value through web design
Learn more about the The Fabricant.
Are you looking to innovate?
Contact email@example.com and find out how Your Majesty help you launch your next digital product.
For more fashion and apparel
Read our opinion piece, Digital Fashion: A New Essential and check out our case studies for Fashion For Good, I.T Hong Kong and FILA Explore.
Data & Advanced Analytics
- Data Analysis
- Content & Analytics Audit
- Expert Reviews
- Site Performance Analysis
- Custom Site Events
- Quantitative User Research
- Qualitative User Research
- A/B Testing
Insights & Strategy
- Insight Mining & Synthesis
- Product Vision & Proposition
- Business Model & Impact Forecast
- Innovation Canvas
- Roadmap & Go-To-Market
- Brand Health Check
- Industry Positioning
- UI/UX Design
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Visual Design
- Motion Design
- Brand Design
- 3D Design
- 3D Animation
- Front-end Development
- Back-end Development
- StoryBlok CMS
- Systems Architecture
- Functional Prototyping
Delivery & Aftercare
- Quality Assurance
- Integration Support
- Staff Training
- Perforamance Optimization
- Operations & Maintenance